Banish the bleed for flawless lipsHOME
The trend for bold coloured lips continues to gather strength and if you were any doubt then you just have to check out the stunning Jessica Chastain in her spread for The New York Times T Style magazine.
The porcelain skin with the deep red lips are so flawlessly executed that it had us thinking about how to recreate the same look without fear bleeding, blurring or smudging.
So how exactly do you go about banishing the bleed and keeps teeth lipstick free? Try these great tips and embrace bold shades again!
- Before you do anything, gently exfoliate lips and then lightly moisturise.
- Line lips with a white lip liner before applying your bold shade - this creates a border and prevents lipstick from bleeding.
- Apply one layer of lipstick, split the sheet of a tissue and hold a piece flat against lips. Now lightly dust with face powder using a big brush. Finish with another coat of lippy and you'll have intense, long lasting lipstick.
- Don't slick lipgloss all over bold lips as it practically guarantees a run - instead if you want a little shine, dab it just in the centre of lips.
- To prevent lipstick from staining teeth, pull your index finger from inside your mouth out, it will get rid of excess lipstick on the inside of your mouth
Our favourite bold shades:
I literally can't get enough of chubbies and my latest fav is LAQA & Co. Fat Lip Pencil in Ring of Fire (ok, I'm also a secret Johnny Cash fan too).
For traditionalists, you can't go past Savoir Faire Lipstick. My favourite thing about this range? It's water resistance - extra helpful for keeping lipstick in place!
Because you should only have the smallest dab of lipgloss with a bold shade, and because we're trying to avoid lipstick slide then you should try out these fun little friends of bellabox.Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar is highly pigmented so you pick a shade that's similar to your lipstick or use the 'clear' formula for use with any shade!