Bellabox Masterclass: Power BrowsHOME
It’s the trend that is not going away. Recently appearing on the catwalks of both the Alexander Wang and Chloé shows, it seems our love of eyebrows has been revived, after all not all of us can pull off the Lara Stone bleached eyebrow look. Bold brows frame your face, help you to look fresh faced and more youthful - what’s not to love?
Full brows will help you look fresh-faced and healthy, while sparse ones will only serve to highlight dark circles and fine lines. Follow our 8 simple rules for eyebrows thatwill overhaulface for a younger looking you!
1. Brush eyebrows upwards with a mascara brush that is clean of mascara. This helps show the natural direction your hairs grow and so will make any strays more obvious.
2. Hold a long, thin brush against your face from the outside of your nose straight up – any hairs that fall outside of the line in at the bridge of your nose can be plucked.
3. Next angle the brush from the outside of your nose across your cheek lining up with the outside corner of your eye – where the brush lands is where the end of your eyebrow should be. Pluck anything else.
4. When choosing your eyebrow pencil or palette colour, use colours one to two shades lighter than your natural hair colour, too dark and they will look drawn on. Pencils and palettes should have no shimmer and be a flat colour – eyebrows don’t shimmer!
5. Your eyebrow pencil or brush should be angled and stiff – acrylic brushes are best and look for a pencil that is harder than an eyeliner pencil.
6. If you’re using an eyebrow palette or powder charge the eyebrow brush with powder and tap off excess. When filling eyebrows always work from the inside out. Work in short feathery strokes until you reach the arch of your brow. From the arch of the brow to the end of the brow work down in long, light strokes.
7. Take a clean eyebrow brush and go back to the beginning of the brow to soften the start point of brows – again use light strokes to avoid removing too much shade. The blurring of the line will help to create a more natural look.
8. Set eyebrows either by using an eyebrow setting product – essentially a mascara that contains a clear gel - or spray a little hairspray onto your clean eyebrow brush and gently sweep over the hairs.
TOP TIP: Make your Ansley Show Hot Dual Volume Mascara work overtime. The white lash essence is great for brushing through brows and giving them a little hold.